Sunscreen for Active Days. This simple, safe & natural sunscreen is perfect for the beach, pool & light activity. Lightly scented with Organic Lavender!
Directions for use:
- Broad spectrum protection from UVA & UVB rays using the safe mineral Zinc Oxide – No oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreening agents.
- Water resistant for at least 40 minutes & Biodegradable
- Lightly scented with Organic Bulgarian Lavender in an organic moisturizing base of Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, and Vitamin E.
- Antioxidants from Seabuckthorn & Sunflower are great for your skin.
- BPA & phthalate-free tube from #2 recyclable plastic.
Knead tube before each use. For full protection, apply liberally (2mg/cm2 of skin) to all exposed skin 15 minutes before sun exposure, then rub in to reduce whitening effect. For children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
Reapply natural sunscreen:
After 40 minutes of swimming or sweating. Immediately after towel drying. At least every 2 hours.
We're also proud to tell you that our UVA protection is fantastic on both our SPF 30 and SPF 15 products! A "Critical Wavelength" measurement of 370 nm is considered to be outstanding - Badger SPF30 is 377nm.
- UVA: Long-wave solar rays of 320-400 nm. Penetrates the skin more deeply (into the Dermis, 2nd layer of skin). Causes photoaging, actinic damage (wrinkled, leathery, variously pigmented skin), and skin cancers including melanomas. Same strength year-round.
- UVB: Short-Wave solar rays of 290-320 nm. Penetrates only the epidermis, causes sunburn and considered to be the main cause of basal and squamous cell carcinomas, as well as a significant factor in melanomas. Different strengths depending on Sun's location, and can be lessened to deflected by clouds.
- UVC: Reflected by the Ozone layer, does not reach the Earth.
- Critical Wavelength: an international rating system for UVA protection. The point at which the sunscreen allows 10% of the rays to penetrate is defined as Critical Wavelength. A sunscreen with a critical wavelength over 370nm is considered by the FDA to provide excellent UVA protection. Badger SPF30 Sunscreen has a critical wavelength of 377nm.
Active Sunscreen Ingredient:
Non-Nano, Uncoated Zinc Oxide 18.75%
Inactive Sunscreen Ingredients:
*Helianthus Annus (Organic Sunflower) Oil, *Cera Alba (Organic Beeswax), Essential Oil of *Lavandula Angustifolia (Organic Lavender), Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E), and CO2 Extract of *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Organic Seabuckthorn).
* = Certified Organic
100% Certified Natural by NPA
98% Certified Organic by NSF
2.9 oz Squeeze Tube.