Join Our Newsletter
Receive the latest news on new promotions, exclusive offers, and new arrivals.
Laboratory Tools to Assess: Hormone Systems | Digestion Systems | Detoxification Systems
About Our Labs: To give potential clients an idea of the types of testing we do, we listed the most common labs below. Our Practitioners will discuss the specific labs that they recommend during your New Client Consult.
- Hormone System Testing: The first step in assessing overall health is to determine if hormonal imbalances exist.
- Functional Adrenal Stress Test (saliva): The gold standard for detecting cortisol imbalances. Saliva testing for Diurnal Cortisol (4x per day: C1, C2, C3, C4) + DHEA-S. Price: $168.99
- Progesterone Hormone Test (saliva): recommended if female clients have any pms symptoms (pre-menstrual: irritability, mood swings, bloating, depression, acne, breast tenderness, etc) Single hormone test for Progesterone level Price:$54
- Functional Adrenal Stress Test Plus 5 Other Hormones (saliva): adrenal and sex hormone combo test. recommended if client has multiple hormone imbalance symptoms, low libido, is peri-menopausal, or menopausal. Adrenal Stress Test Plus: 1 Estradiol, 1 Estriol, 1 Testosterone, 1 Melatonin, 1 Progesterone Price: $286.99
- Expanded Progesterone and Estrogen Profile (saliva): month long progesterone & estradial levels. recommended for female clients concerned about fertility. 17 progesterone and estrial readings mapped out over a womens cycle. Price: $370
Digestive Tract/Pathogen Testing: If symptoms are not significantly better after doing adrenal program x 2 months, or client has history of foreign travel, unexplained fatigue, bloating, heart burn, constipation, diarrhea, and / or gas - we recommend digestive tract testing. Click here to read an article about How Digestive Tract Issues Can Cause Non-Digestive Symptoms.
- Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Gene Test (Molecular HLA-DQB1 analysis) (mouth swab): Simple mouth swab test that can detect genetic markers for gluten sensitivity and/or celiac sprue. Gene testing is the most accurate way to determine if it is safe for individuals to eat gluten. Price: $149
- GI Pathogen Screen w/ H. pylori Antigen (stool): Includes: Ova & parasites x 4 (Trichrome stain) plus antibodies to the antigens of Giardia lamblia, Cryptosporidium parvum, Entamoeba histolytica, and Helicobacter pylori. Plus culture x 1: Bacteria, fungi, yeasts, occult blood, Clostridium difficile: Colitis toxins A & B. Price: $377
Detox Testing: If digestive tract testing is negative and/or symptoms are not significantly improved after pathogens are eradicated, then we recommend detox testing.
- Organix Comprehensive Profile (Urine): Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect. Testing for organic acids helps reveal activity and changes at the metabolic level, helping practitioners discover hidden issues and pinpoint where detoxification focus is needed. Price: $399
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR) Gene Mutation Test (Blood): To determine if you have the gene mutation that requires extra Vitamin B6, B12, and folinic Acid (folate) to detoxify adequately. Price: $219
- What laboratories do you use? And why? We have learned over many years that the accuracy of your lab findings and the quality of the professionals performing the lab tests is the key to you uncovering what's going on. Quality is not equal across all lab companies. Many times we see "normal" test results from regular lab companies and our lab tests find many "functional" problems. The lab companies we use have the highest testing standards and the most consistent lab results year after year. These are not replacements for regular medical tests, these tests are only used to detect "functional" issues rather than medical problems and aren't meant to diagnose or recommend protocols for diseases. We are attempting to detect problems with the functioning of organ systems prior to the onset of a disease.
- How many labs are required per person? The number of labs recommended will depend on your individual situation including the number of issues you struggle with and the length of time you have been experiencing them, but the range is 1-4 lab tests.
- Do I have to take all the tests recommended at once? For an efficient recovery, many clients opt to do all the recommended testing at once. The more clinical data we have, the better the outcomes. However, most clients prefer to do one test at a time, starting with the Functional Adrenal Stress Test. Most of the time, clients feel significantly better on just the Adrenal Support Protocols. However, complete resolution of their imbalances typically won't occur until all 3 organ systems (hormones, digestion, detoxification) are corrected.
- How are the tests done? Most of our labs are done in the privacy of your own home (collecting saliva, urine, or stool samples). Once collected, the specimens are mailed directly to the lab for processing. Results are sent to our office in 2-4 weeks, depending on the test. We will email you when they come in, and a 30-45 min Follow-Up Telephone Consult should be scheduled to review the results.
- Can I order my own test kits through the laboratories or can my regular doctor order the lab tests for me? Our laboratories are only able to sell test kits to licensed practitioners. Amber Conway uses specific lab tests from small lab companies that exclusively offer functional medicine tests. Larger national labs and local hospital based labs are not helpful for these types of highly specialized tests.
- Are lab fees included in the $125 New Client Consultation fee? No, The new patient consultation is an assessment of your health history and goals. At the end of the new client consult, your practitioner will make lab recommendations that are needed to; assess your health symptoms and achieve your health goals. The new patient consultation fee does not include any follow up consults, test kits or supplements. The new client consult does include access to our online Consulting Resources including holistic wellness topics, book recommendations, and handouts.
- What type of payment do you accept? We accept personal checks and all major credit cards; Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and all PayPal payment options.
- Do you offer financing? We accept PayPal - they offer a PayPal Credit: 6 months No Interest Option, see below;
Copyright © 2021 Pure Complexions. Powered by Miva