CoQ10 is required to convert fats and sugars into usable cellular energy. And our Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with PQQ contains three key nutrients to boost energy production at the cellular level: super-absorbable ubiquinol CoQ10, shilajit, and PQQ. The cellular energy support these nutrients provide benefits your heart, brain, kidneys … and all the other cells in your body which require high levels of energy to function properly.
Benefits at a Glance
- Contains the better-absorbed ubiquinol form of CoQ10
- Ubiquinol CoQ10 stays in the bloodstream longer
- Shilajit doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria
- PQQ nutrient promotes the generation of new mitochondria
Ubiquinol form of CoQ10
More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the body's production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age.1 Statin drugs also deplete CoQ10 levels in the blood, and possibly, tissues.2,3 For example, statin drugs reduce plasma CoQ10 by almost 40%—but the aging process itself reduces CoQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.4
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.5 Life Extension® offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CoQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.6
Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie® shilajit is a nutrient that has been shown to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria.7 Combining CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain—40% better than CoQ10 alone. And in muscle cells there was a 144% increase in energy production—27% better than CoQ10 alone.8
Shilajit stabilizes CoQ10 in its superior ubiquinol form.9,10 Shilajit also facilitates more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, which results in greater cellular energy production.11-14 Plus, shilajit itself is rich in compounds that help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the body's main source of energy.12
PQQ Promotes Growth of New Mitochondria
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) is a nutrient that promotes the production of new mitochondria.15 In fact, PQQ promotes youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
- Promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ activates genes that promote the formation of fresh mitochondria.15It also beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation.16
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from those contained in the cell nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected—and yet situated at the source of both energy and free-radical production. PQQ's antioxidant potency and favorable gene-expression profile act to support mitochondrial defense.
- Antioxidant power. PQQ is a potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria—without breaking down—for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.17
Research demonstrates that PQQs unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function — alone, and especially in combination with CoQ10.18-20 The optimal dose of PQQ is 20 mg each day. Customers taking Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, Mitochondrial Basics, or PQQ 10 mg caps obtain this optimal PQQ dose when taking Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with PQQ. Recommendations for use:
- Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size 1 softgel
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat
Ubiquinol (as Kaneka Ubiquinol™)
PrimaVie® Shilajit fulvic acid complex
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) disodium salt
Other ingredients: medium chain triglycerides, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, beeswax, sunflower lecithin, annatto color, rosemary extract.
PrimaVie® is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.
Q+®, Kaneka Ubiquinol™, and the quality seal™ are registered or pending trademarks of Kaneka Corp.
30 Caps.Product Specific Allergen Info: