Comprehensive B complex support*.
- unlike many B vitamin products, Basic B Complex contains the active forms for enhanced bioavailability*
- Basic B Complex contains an optimal balance of essential B vitamins
- Basic B Complex is yeast free
- without preservatives, magnesium stearate, or other lubricants and diluents
- made without flowing agents that can inhibit bioavailability
Basic B Complex consists of a group of eight water-soluble compounds: thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cobalamin (vitamin B12), folate, and biotin. Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work together in various biochemical functions throughout the body &ndash from cellular energy production, to healthy red-blood-cell formation, to healthy neurological function.* Most B vitamins, with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be acquired daily from the diet in order to maintain optimal health.*
Supplementing with active B vitamins is extremely important to everyone, especially individuals who may not be able to convert non-active vitamins to their active forms in the liver because of compromised liver function, poorly functioning enzymes, digestive disturbances, or age.* Dietary supplements containing these active cofactors have enhanced bioavailability, ensuring the body gets the nutrients it needs.*
Thorne's Basic B Complex contains the entire B-complex, including the activated forms of vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5'-phosphate), vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate), folic acid (folinic acid and L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate), and vitamin B12 (adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin), as well as 80 mg choline citrate. Although choline is often grouped with the B vitamin family, it is not officially a B vitamin.
Recommendations for use:
Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
One Capsule Contains:
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 40 mg.
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 11 mg.
- Niacin (130 mg as Niacinamide and 10 mg as Niacin) 140 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 10 mg.
- Folate (200 mcg as Calcium Folinate and 200 mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 400 mcg.
- Vitamin B12 (200 mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 200 mcg as Methylcobalamin) 400 mcg.
- Biotin 400 mcg.
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 100 mg.
- Choline Citrate 80 mg.
- Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, MagnesiumCitrateLaurate, Silicon Dioxide.
This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, or magnesium, calcium, or vegetable stearates.