Support for Dry Brittle Nails / Carbohydrate Metabolism.
- provides support for dry, brittle nails*
- Helps maintain already normal blood sugar levels*
- Supports healthy nerve function, skin, hair, and nails*
- Without preservatives, magnesium stearate, or other lubricants and diluents
- Made without flowing agents that can inhibit bioavailability
Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that can have a beneficial effect on a number of structures and functions in the body.*
Support for Dry Brittle Nails:
In a clinical trial, 45 patients with brittle fingernails received oral supplementation of 2.5 mg biotin for 1.5-7 months. Ninety-one percent showed "definite improvement," exhibiting firmer, harder fingernails after an average of two months of supplementation.*
Biotin in a higher amount, such as Is present in Thorne's Biotin-8, supports glucose metabolism by stimulating glucose-induced insulin secretion in pancreatic beta cells and by accelerating glucose metabolism in the liver.* Biotin also enhances muscle insulin sensitivity by increasing uptake of glucose by the muscle cells.*
Recommendations for use:
Take 1 capsule one to two times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
- Candida Self Test: Avoid carbs and take 2귔 mcg of biotin (or 1 capsule of Biotin-8) for 3 days and see if your symptoms improve. If sypmtoms improve, you may be suffering from a Candida overgrowth in your intestines.
One Capsule Contains:
Biotin 8ꯠ mcg. Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Silicon Dioxide, Leucine.