Pure vitamin D3: 1000 IU per capsule.
Convenient, once-daily dosing for vitamin D-deficient individuals.
- Thorne's vitamin D is pure vitamin D - without hidden ingredients like lactose, BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid.
- Made without flowing agents that can inhibit bioavailability.
- Supports cardiovascular, immune, and bone health*.
It is essential to maintain healthy vitamin D levels throughout all stages of life, from fetal development to old age.* Vitamin D helps protect a number of important functions in the body.* The current recommended daily vitamin D intake ranges from 200-600 IU and is based on the minimum allowance to protect against bone disease. However, an upward revision of the FDA's guideline is now under consideration in light of new research, especially pertaining to immune function. Cutting-edge research suggests serum vitamin D levels should be in the range of 50-80 ng/mL 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D). Although direct sunlight exposure is a good source of vitamin D, many people do not get enough sun due to season change, latitude, or lifestyle. Therefore, vitamin D supplementation can be of great benefit in these cases.*
Vitamin D deficiency is quite common, particularly among the elderly.* For example, a study conducted at a hospital in Glasgow, Scotland, found an almost universal vitamin D deficiency among a group of 548 elderly patients. Individuals deficient in vitamin D may need 5ꯠ-10ꯠ IU of vitamin D daily to replenish tissue stores.* Other individuals who may need higher doses of vitamin D include the obese (the more a person weighs, the greater their vitamin D requirements), individuals with chronic disease, darker-skinned populations, and those with fat malabsorption.* With these individuals specifically in mind,
Available in 3 Strengths:
- 1000 IU per capsule: Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
- 5000 IU per capsule: For individuals desiring higher amounts of vitamin D supplementation. Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
- 10000 IU per capsule: For individuals needing high-dose vitamin D supplementation. Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
One Capsule Contains: Vitamin D3.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (mixed tocopherals).
This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, magnesium stearate, or stearic acid.
Individuals with hypercalcemia should consult a health-care practitioner before taking this dose of vitamin D.