Botanical extracts to support the body's normal inflammatory response (without the side effects of NSAIDS)*
- Now with well-absorbed Meriva curcumin phytosome*
- Minimizes post-operative / post-injury bruising and swelling*
- Helps prevent connective tissue breakdown*
- Without preservatives, magnesium stearate or other lubricants and diluents
Phytoprofen is a combination of botanicals including a synergistic blend of the Ayurvedic herbs: Picrorhiza, Boswellia, and curcumin (from turmeric). All of which support the body's normal inflammatory response.* To these botanicals is added bromelain - a protein-digesting enzyme complex from pineapple that studies have shown can reduce bruising after injury.*
The botanical extracts in Phytoprofen also can minimize post-operative / post-injury bruising and swelling.* Supplementation with bromelain following blunt injuries to the musculoskeletal system resulted in reductions in swelling and tenderness.
A recent in vivo study examined Boswellia extract for its effect on glycosaminoglycan metabolism. Glycosaminoglycans form an important component of the body's connective tissues. Boswellia significantly reduced the degradation of glycosaminoglycans compared to controls.*
Meriva, curcumin phytosome, demonstrates superior bioavailability compared to ordinary curcumin.* Significantly greater amounts are absorbed and taken up by the liver.* A 2007 study published in the journal, Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, demonstrated Meriva's superior bioavailability compared to ordinary curcumin. This animal study indicated a significantly greater plasma concentration time curve, with an area under the curve (AUC) five times higher for Meriva. Liver levels of curcumin were also higher with Meriva supplementation.* A recent human study (not yet published) demonstrated even greater bioavailability.* Meriva supplementation resulted in significantly better absorption than with ordinary curcumin dosing.*
Recommendations for use:
Take 2 capsules two to three times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
- Post-Operative or After Injury Nutrional Suport: Take 3 capsules** 3 x/day until healing is complete.
Two Capsules Contain:
- Bromelain (undiluted, derived from pineapple) 250 mg.
- Curcumin Phytosome (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex[derived from soy]) 250 mg.
- Indian Frankincense extract (gum) (Boswellia serrata) 250 mg.
- Picrorhiza extract (root) (Picrorhiza kurrooa) 250 mg.
- Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
60 Vcaps. Servings Per Container: 30
Phytoprofen contains curcumin phytosome, a plant extract complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. Phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in Phytoprofen.
This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, magnesium stearate, or stearic acid.
Because bromelain has fibrinolytic effects, potentially inhibiting blood clotting, Phytoprofen should be used with caution or avoided in individuals on anticoagulant therapy or prior to surgery.