Grain Status of the Supplements that we Carry:
- PRL: PRL's Grain Status - The UnOfficial Guide.
- Thorne: It appears that all of the Thorne products we carry are GRAIN-FREE. In general, most of Thorne's products are grain-free, unless they specifically state they contain rice on the ingredient list. All of Thorne's supplements are at-a-minimum gluten, wheat, and corn-free. Dr Osborne recommends Thorne supplements to his patients.
- Pure Encap: Any products that contain acorbyl palmitate (fat soluble vitamin C) are not grain-free. Their Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation.
We posted the products that we carry that contain ascorbyl palmitate here: Betaine HCl Pepsin, Digestion GB, Guggul extract, Lithium Orotate, PureFood Nutrients (Multi-Vit).
Also, some of their products contain rice starch: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, PureProbiotic, Probiotic 123, PureBaby Probiotic.
- Healthforce Nutritionals: Healthforce Grain Status - The UnOfficial Guide
- Garden of Life: None of their products are corn or rice-free. We posted a letter from the manufacturer below;
"Unless stated on our label, we do not guarantee that our products are corn free.
At Garden of Life we source only premium ingredients and work with manufacturers who have the highest quality standards and follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) set by the FDA. After more than ten years as a leader in whole food, premium, science based nutritional support products, we understand our customers concerns and needs and always seek to inform and empower you on your journey toward extraordinary health. We provide as much information as possible when labeling, especially with regard to food sources. With regard specifically to corn, only products labeled as corn free may be relied upon by those who are highly concerned with corn in their diets. We do not make this claim on Garden of Life products and do not test our finished goods for either the intentional or potential accidental presence of corn. Corn is one of the most common and prevalent sources for many raw materials used in nutritional products and is therefore present in virtually every manufacturing facility and production line used throughout the industry. As safety is our primary concern, we recommend that you do not use our products if you are allergic to corn.
Some of our processing aids used in our products are derived from corn or rice. For those with or a serious allergy it is always best for them to get the approval from their doctor before trying any new supplements."
Note: You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
to view these PDF files.
Write a Customer Review
Login to review this product