Broad Spectrum UVB, UVA,& UVC Chemical-Free Protection - Ranked the #1 Cosmetic/UVA protecting sunblock by Consumer Reports Magazine!
- 20% Concentration of Uncoated Nano Zinc Oxide (~25 nm)
- Therapeutic Lotion
- Helps with Skin Irritations
- Broad Spectrum UVA & UVB Cosmetic UV Protection
- Invisible Under Makeup
- Light Moisturizing Lotion
- Will Not Clog Pores
- Will Not Sting Eyes
- Will Not Stain or Discolor
- No Retinyl Palmitate a synthetic Vitamin A
As a daily protection, Solar Rx is designed as a cosmetic moisturizer sunblock to offer the maximum physical protection from UVA and SPF 30 for UVB burning rays without using a chemical sunscreen. We recommend reapplying at least every two hours* on the face neck and hands. Tropical and intense sun conditions require even more frequent application. UV index ratings of 8 and above for average skin can require application as much as every 15 minutes as tested using a UV meter. This is not a product for sun bathing, extreme hot weather sports or swimming
Solar Rx contains no synthetic ingredients like Retinyl Palmitate that is a chemical Vitamin A. Solar Rx uses simple natural whole ingredients to carry the zinc oxide which provides blocking of UVA, UVB and UVC radiation to prevent skin cancer and premature aging.
Keys Solar Rx is featured on the Environmental Working Group Skin Deep Report as the safest moisturizer with UVA/UVB protection on the market. Key Solar Rx is featured as the most effective non-waterproof category sunblock for UVA and UVB in the Consumer Reports July 2007 issue. It is rare to find a product that is both safe to use and effective.
Keys Solar Rx carries a UVB (UV Burning) rating of SPF 30+ and a UVA (UV Aging) of four stars using the EU rating system. It is important to note that 90% of all visible skin aging comes from UVA. Be very careful of sunscreens with high SPF numbers that do not rate their UVA protection. High SPF rated chemical sunscreens will prevent burning, but often do little to provide UVA protection.
Solar Rx combines the healing soothing properties of our Luminos moisturizer and adds a 20% concentration of uncoated nano-zinc oxide to provide a physical UVA & UVB blocking to protect against UV triggered Melanoma and Skin Cancer. Our nano-zinc oxide (ZnO) is uncoated to provide healing therapies associated with zinc oxide. The uncoated zinc has also proven to be anti-bacterial and antimicrobial and can reduce redness, rosacea, age spots and melasma. Solar Rx carries a EWG Skin Deep Rating of 0 (0 to 10 scale where 0 is best).
As a Melanoma survivor, I developed Solar Rx to protect people with sensitive skin from UVA and UVB radiation. We use no chemical sunscreens, only pure uncoated zinc oxide in a natural lotion base. Solar Rx is for those who want to avoid the extreme aging effects of UVA and UVB on a daily basis.
Wendy Steele, Keys CEO and Founder.
How to Use:
Apply enough Solar Rx to the face, around the eyes, neck and hands to cover the skin evenly. Rub in until it disappears, but heavy enough to feel a light thin coat. Reapply at least every two hours or more frequently as needed based on skin type and in high UV Index and high humidity areas. Remember that Keys Solar Rx is not waterproof or for strenuous activity. It is an everyday cosmetic sunblock with a moisturizing lotion that is water soluble.
- Solar Rx is Not water resistant. Solar Rx is a sunblock designed for use to prevent sun damage in everyday situations. It is not waterproof or designed for heavy exercise.
- Use in combination with UV rated clothing, hat and sunglasses.
- Tip 1: 365-Day Anti-Aging Reality! 90% of all visible skin aging comes from UVA rays. UVA cuts through clouds, office windows, car windows and are reflected by water. So, if you want to minimize skin aging, wear Solar Rx everyday rain or shine.
- Tip 2: Notice those brown spots and patches? They are caused by UVA! Solar Rx will help to fade these patches because it contains avocado oil. The zinc oxide particles in Solar Rx will help prevent their return. Also, wash with Island Rx and the patches will fade faster. Remember it does take time.
- Tip 3: Rosacea or redness suffers, Solar Rx can help. Many Rosacea medications contain 6% to 8% uncoated zinc oxide. The zinc oxide helps to reduce the redness in many people. Solar Rx contain 20% uncoated zinc oxide!
purified water, 20% nano (~25 nm) zinc-oxide (uncoated), 10% shea butter, avocado oil, carrot seed oil, black cumin oil, vegetable glycerin USP, Keys vegetable wax (red palm), blood orange essential oil, clary sage essential oil, rosemary extract. Organic content > 80%.
Keep at cool or room temperatures, product may separate if overheated.
100 ml (3.38 oz) Airless Pump.
*Scented with a Light solvent-free Blood Orange and Clary Sage Essential Oil Blend*
ULTRA SHEER - NO WHITE-TINT * NO TITANIUM DIOXIDE *
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, No Animal Testing, Chemical-Free, No Preservatives.